The program, department, and university offer several different kinds of resources to help students finance their graduate education. Read below for information about graduate assistantships, scholarships, and loans.
- Students interested in graduate assistantships in the Department of Leadership and Educational Studies (home department) should note their interest in their online application. Once the application has been processed and the student has confirmed acceptance of admission, an email with an attached resume should be submitted to Jackie Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org). The priority deadline for fall terms is April 1, but applications are accepted until all positions are filled. A limited number of graduate assistantships are also available for summer terms; the deadline for summer terms is April 15 or until the positions are filled.
- The Division of Student Development runs its own process for graduate assistantships. In addition to a stipend, students also receive a scholarship that covers in-state tuition. Applications need to be completed in January in order to be considered for the February interviews. Read more here.
- Assistantships are available throughout the university. New positions are posted as they become open.
- This scholarship is to assist students enrolled in Higher Education Graduate Program who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance. Students must have taken at least 6 hours and have a minimum of 3.0 as a GPA. Apply here.
- Established in 1991 by Mr. Thomas L. Kistler in loving memory of his wife, Mary Jane Kistler, this scholarship is designed to assist students enrolled in educational leadership programs. Incoming and continuing students may apply for this scholarship. Apply here.
Out-of-State Tuition Scholarships
- A very limited number of Out-of-State Tuition Scholarships are available each year. To apply, please send an email with an attached resume to Mr. Anthony Jones, Interim Program Director, Higher Education (email@example.com). The priority deadline is March 15.
- For information about scholarships offered through the university, please check the Graduate School information for prospective students and currently-enrolled students.
For information about federal student loans, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.